Welcome to the Parish of Woodbridge and Framlingham
Thursday 4th June
Friday 5th June
Sunday 7th June
Saturday 13th June
Sunday 14th June
JUNE: MONTH OF THE SACRED HEART
Our Lord Jesus Christ revealed to Saint Margaret Mary many spiritual favours which He would grant all souls devoted to His Most Sacred Heart. The principal spiritual favours are:-
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes and other places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in My Heart.
12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving the Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy upon us. Amen.
PRAYER TO SAINT ROCH
O blessed Saint Roch, patron of the sick,
have pity on those who lie upon a bed of suffering.
Your power was so great when you were in this world,
that by the sign of the Cross, many were healed of their diseases.
Now that you are in heaven, your power is not less.
Offer, then, to God our sighs and tears
and obtain for us that health we seek.
Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Saint Roch, pray for us,
that we may be preserved
from all diseases of body and soul.
A PRAYER FOR ALL PEOPLE AFFECTED BY CORONA VIRUS
Almighty ever-living God, only support of our human weakness, look with compassion upon the sorrowful condition of your children who suffer because of this pandemic; relieve the pain of the sick, give strength to those who care for them, welcome into your presence those who have died and, through this time of tribulation, grant that we may all find comfort in your merciful love. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
God our Father, Creator of the world, almighty and merciful, out of love for us You sent your Son into the world as the doctor of our souls and our bodies, look upon your children who, in this difficult time of confusion and dismay across the world, turn to you seeking strength, salvation and relief: deliver us from illness and fear, heal our sick, comfort their families, give wisdom to our rulers, energy and reward to our doctors, nurses and volunteers, eternal life to the dead. Do not abandon us in the moment of trial, but deliver us from all evil. We ask this of You, who with the Son and the Holy Spirit, live and reign for ever and ever. Amen.
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us!
AN ACT OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNION
(St. Alphonsus Ligouri)
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love you above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
The Prime Minister addressed the nation on Corona Virus on the 23rd March 2020 stating that to ensure compliance with Her Majesty's Government’s instruction to stay at home, all places of worship must close. Saint Thomas's Church at Woodbridge and Saint Clare's Church at Framlingham will remain closed until further notice.