O God, through Baptism you have made us your children, heirs of heaven and members of the Church. Make our parish of one heart and mind in love towards you. Grant that our common life and work may be an example to all about us. Guide our parish clergy in their work, along with all people involved in ministry in our parish. Acknowledge the intercessions of Saint Thomas of Canterbury and Saint Clare, our patrons; and keep us secure in your love. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
H.R.H. The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
The Bishop, together with the Catholics of the Diocese of East Anglia, pray for the repose of the soul of His Royal Highness, The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. In mourning his death, we express our sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family. Prince Philip’s long life was marked by an extraordinary example of duty and service to his Queen and his country. Countless individuals will have been touched by his many initiatives, particularly young people. His fidelity in family life, even in times of difficulty, has been inspiring. May he now rest in peace, writes Bishop Alan Hopes.
H.E. Vincent, Cardinal Nichols's homily at Requiem Mass for H.R.H. The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
Link: Cardinal's homily
Government Guidance for Places of Worship
You may attend places of worship for a service. However, you must not mingle inside the church building with anyone outside of your household or support bubble. You should maintain social distancing at all times.
Communal worship and life events - You should follow the Government's guidance on the safe use of places of worship and must not mingle with anyone outside of your household or support bubble when attending a place of worship. Weddings, funerals and religious, belief-based or commemorative events linked to someone’s death are all subject to limits on the numbers that can attend.
For further details, please visit the Government's website.
- We ask that you do not enter the church if you have cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Social distancing should be maintained at all times, both inside and outside the church building.
- Face coverings must be worn in the church at all times by people over the age of 10, unless they have a medical exemption.
- Please sit in designated seating, and as guided by our church stewards.
- All surfaces have to be cleaned and sanitised when the church is closed. Please try to avoid touching things in church unnecessarily.
- Track & Trace details are being recorded. Please bring with you your name and contact details written on a piece of paper and leave it in the basket provided in the church.
- Your co-operation is greatly appreciated.